Thursday, October 29, 2009

Impacting our World

A recent submission to the servolution website said this:
It was my family whose house was almost totally renovated with the help from a lot of people at church. I am so thankful for all the help we received to help get my house ready to move into. The love that was shown was absolutely amazing just like God's love. Thank you so much for all your help. I really appreciate it and getting to know so many more people from our church community.

This kind of service for others is part of our witness to the world. Jesus said, "By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another" (John 13:34-35).

Another website submission said this:
The greatest act of kindness was that a special family at Emmanuel helped me send my daughter to Fall retreat where I know that is the greatest place she should be.
Thank-you

...and another:
The person in front of me paid for my Tim Horton's coffee..
I just wanted to say thank you.

After experiencing the love of Christ in such a simple way, this person came to the servolution website and had the opportunity to hear about Christ's love, perhaps for the first time. As a previous story illustrated for us, God is already at work all around us, and we simply need to be receptive and willing to respond with love.

How have you experienced or demonstrated the love of Christ? We'd love to hear your story. Comment here, or anonymously here, or email servolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment